Simmie & Co Sign

This building is located on the corner of Rankins Road and Smith Street, Kensington. Simmie & Co were local builders with significant orders in the 1920s and 1930s.

The company used this address as their headquarters from 1934 but the current building is thought to date from 1947 or 1956.

It still operates as a warehouse today for Ortho Chemicals.

Many thanks once again to Michael Taylor
Director
MICHAEL TAYLOR CONSULTING
62 Parsons Street, Kensington, VIC 3031