The Currie and Richards Warehouse was erected in 1875 as a three storey brick workshop/warehouse for Alfred Shaw and Co., tinware manufacturers.
The building features a stucco facade, and is regularly fenestrated with a rusticated ground floor, prominent string courses and Tuscan cornice entablature.
The architect is unknown. The 1869 date on the parapet refers to the foundation of Currie and Richards’ business, not the date of the building’ erection.
Currie & Richards warehouse
79-81 Franklin Street (opposite Victoria market)
28 Feb 2016